CRITERIA OF QUALIFICATION OF
The NC Mechanical Inspectors Association Scholarship Committee may establish reasonable and operable procedures and qualifications for determining the selection of the student or students considered as recipients of grants from the Association funds, provided it is not in conflict with criteria or guidelines herein stated and as follows:
- The student applicant shall be a spouse, child, or dependent of a living mechanical inspection certificate holder who is working for a building inspection department of the City, County, or State Government, and further that such City, County, or State Agency or department shall be an active member of the NC Mechanical Inspectors Association for at least five (5) years. The mechanical inspection certificate holder shall be an active mechanical inspector with a minimum of five (5) years’ mechanical field inspection and/or plan review experience, beginning minimally with a probationary certificate. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, the jurisdiction must be in good standing in payment of Association dues.
- The student applicant shall agree that the use of grant funds shall be predicated on his or her enrollment or continuance of education in a recognized and/or accredited school such as a college, university, trade school, business college, or as may be acceptable to the NC Mechanical Inspectors Association Scholarship Committee and Board of Directors.
- The applicant shall possess qualities of good character and integrity.
- The applicant shall provide a record or evidence of satisfactory scholastic or school grades, ability, ambition, and desire for continuance of education.
- The grant of funds may be utilized by a student for continuance of succeeding year or years upon satisfactory academic progress, subject to review by the NC Mechanical Inspectors Association Scholarship Committee The maximum number of years that funds may be granted a student is four (4) years. All students desiring continuation of funding must apply each year by submitting this application form.